Obituaries Australia

  • Tip: searches only the name field
  • Tip: use double quotes to search for a phrase
  • Tip: lists of awards, schools, organisations etc

Browse Lists:

Lefroy, Henry Gerald (1854–1934)

It is with deep regret that we have to chronicle the death of a very old pioneer of the Gascoyne district, Mr. H. G. [Henry Gerald] Lefroy, which took place at his residence, Carnarvon, this morning. The funeral will take place tomorrow afternoon.

In the early eighties, the late Mr. Lefroy, with his brother, the late Mr. W. G. Lefroy, took possession of Yanyeareddy, now known as Lyndon, and stocked it with 2,000 sheep and a few cattle and horses which they over landed from Boolathana, where the brothers had been in occupation for several years. Selling out his interest in Yanyeareddy he bought Binthalya which was managed by his son, Mr. Jack Lefroy, Mr. Gerald Lefroy remaining in Carnarvon. Disposing of Binthalya, he took up and developed Warroora station, where he and his family resided for some years. They then came to live in Carnarvon.

For many years Mr. Lefroy suffered from deafness, but despite this affliction he was ever bright and cheerful and until the last few years took a keen interest in the management of his properties and public affairs.

Original publication

Additional Resources

  • funeral, Northern Times (Carnarvon, WA), 18 July 1934, p 2

Citation details

'Lefroy, Henry Gerald (1854–1934)', Obituaries Australia, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://oa.anu.edu.au/obituary/lefroy-henry-gerald-18139/text29713, accessed 13 December 2017.

© Copyright Obituaries Australia, 2010-2017